The other day I opened my cell phone and noticed that it felt loose. It opened way too easy. Upon further inspection the hinge was cracked and a piece of the protective covering had fallen off. Can you imagine life without a cell phone? You know, I could be driving and a doctor could call or maybe the President of the U.S. and my phone might just fall apart! What then? How would I be able to take the call? The earth would surly come to a halt. I just know it.
I did my part, I worried about such things and thought about how tied in to the world we are. As I researched new phones I was a little saddened by the fact that people are investing more in their phone than in relationship with others these days. It is far easier (and I look in the mirror when I say this) it is far easier to jump on facebook and read someone’s status than actually call them and find out how they are doing and what is going on in their life. It is far easier to read a blog in the middle of the night than have to find the time to sit down and talk with someone on the phone or even make the time to meet for coffee during our busy days. I watch as we continue to add to our plate everyday. Sure, I can work in the classroom. Sure, I can go workout. Sure, I can head up this project or even assist in that project. We fill our time with such quantity that the quality has diminished.
At first when my hubby said that his goal for the year was to have more days off work than days at work I shook my head and thought “Yeah, Good luck with that.” Now I look at this man and think he is on to something. Why not bring back simplicity? Why not take more off your plate so that you can truly invest in what is truly important. You want to know what is truly important to you? Look at your bank statement. Look at your calendar. What do you see? I know my goal is to bring back simplicity. What’s yours?


0 comments:
Post a Comment