Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nothin' beats Mom's Pancakes!

It really feels like summer is here when you have 6 happy kiddos playing out back!  4 little boys took over my backyard with their water war yesterday.  There were water guns, water balloons, and lots of strategy!  We had 1 little girl who interacted very carefully with each team as to try to stay dry and another little girl safe and snug in the house out of harms way.  All in all we had some happy kids!  The boys hunkered down for their sleep over around 10:00 but not before exhausting Wii sports resort, watching the movie Shorts, and making S'moresAhhhhh summer nights are here.  I love it!

Sunrise came far to early today.  The boys happily woke with plans of more gaming fun.  They rubbed the sleep from their eyes while playing a Star Wars video game and hungrily asked for pancakes.  I was happy to oblige. 


My mother ruined me with this recipe for pancakes.  Actually, it was a waffle recipe originally, but I make pancakes out of it.  (Who wants to clean a waffle iron?  Not me!)  They are - dare I say it - the BEST

Mom's Pancakes/ Waffles

1 Egg
1 1/2 C Milk
1 TBS Vanilla - (I use Lemon extract during spring/ summer and Almond extract during fall/ winter)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 C Sugar
2 C Flour
1/2 C Oil
1 TBS Baking Powder
Toppings - (blueberries, cherries, chocolate chips, coconut, pineapple, pecans, etc.)

In a large bowl, mix together ingredients until smooth.  Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Drop desired toppings onto batter.  Brown on both sides and serve hot.

1 comments:

Carly said...

Sounds like you guys are off to a great start this summer! I'll have to try that recipe!

Post a Comment