Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year

The business of the season is upon us. On top of the normal holiday hustle and bustle, this year I have been up to my eye balls with carpet samples and dishwasher leaks and strange noises. My holiday boxes have been buried under boxes of items from our office, playroom, and guest bedroom. Water damage is over rated. It has been 8 months since that fateful day of finding mold in our house. I was packing up to go scrapbook and low and behold mold uncovered its ugly face. Can you imagine if I didn’t scrapbook? I think that scrapbooking saved my family from the mold infiltrating every square inch of our home. (I may be exaggerating a bit… maybe not though

8 months of boxes. 8 months of things not being in place. 8 months of no guest room. 8 months of concrete flooring. 8 months of dealing with insurance!

We finally picked out carpet and put an install date on the calendar. The day came for the new carpet smell to fill our home and I found myself sick, my man threw out his back, and my little girl threw up on the new carpet as it was still being installed. Good times people!

The dishwasher started “crying” after 11 years of washing and rinsing. I’m impressed that it took 11 years to leak those tears of exhaustion. So, a new dishwasher has become our latest addition to the family. This new member of the family has become a little grumbly with us already. I suppose she is not happy with how hard we have made her work.
In spite of all the chaos of life there is a peace that is beautiful. It was a sweet day when the scrapbook supplies came back in the office. Oh, how I have missed that paper and adhesive! A Christmas tree has replaced a few piles of boxes in the family room. The playroom is slowing coming back to life. Our guestroom has held a few people once again. It is truly the most wonderful time of the year!



0 comments:

Post a Comment