| Photography by Betsi |
Joy. It is such a simple word when you think about it. Only 3 little letters and when together mean feelings of great happiness. Joy.
Today there is such Joy in my heart. Today I get to celebrate a victory that some may view as small, but is huge in my family. Today I was introduced to Joy. Joy, is a new employee hired only to sign with my little princess. After a year and a half of telling the school how Sign Language is Faith’s chosen language they have hired Joy. My heart simply beams today. Faith now walks around school with an interpreter at her side. Thank you Jesus!
The teacher explained to me that the day at school was a day for Faith & Joy to get acquainted. Since Faith does not transition well with new people I was intrigued to find out how that went. The teacher explained that half way through the day Faith had started making eye contact with Joy and signing back to her. They found that Faith would even take Joy’s hand by the end of the day.
| Photography by Betsi |
When you have a child you imagine them going to school. You assume that there will be people there that can communicate with them. That has not been the case for me. I give our school TONS of credit for meeting Faith’s needs the best they could with the staff they had. I LOVE these ladies that work every day with my little princess. I am so very thankful for our principal and the other staff that went to bat for Faith and got the district to hire an interpreter for her.
This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Psalm 118:24


2 comments:
Congrats- That's great :)
Holly,
I love hearing about Faiths journey. It is so wonderful to see her photos and hear her accomplishments! She is growing up so fast. My favorite is the photo of Faith reading her book on the couch. I am always so excited to hear how she is learning and growing. Your mom has taught me a few sign language words..and I still can't get.."wake up" but the next time I see faith, I will be able to sign hello to her. I am so glad that Faith has Joy in her life.
Keep her stories coming. :)
Lydia
Post a Comment