Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Crash!


The excitement of spending a day with friends surrounded by scrapbooking products made my heart flutter. I met Carly and Liz Friday morning ready for a day with paper and adhesive. We hit the road and arrived in Anaheim where we dropped off Faith and switched cars with mom so we didn’t have to move the car seat. Scrapbook Expo here we come! We bought our tickets and were about to walk into the building when my cell phone buzzed in my pocket. It was my mom. On the other end of the phone was a shaken mother/ grandmother telling me how they had been in a car accident. A schmuck decided to run a red light and smash my family and then flee. As my heart sank I asked if everyone was alright. Whew… everyone was fine. Cindy and Maria arrived instantly to help my mom out with the baby. What a blessing! Thank you! A sweet lady followed the schmuck and wrote down his license plate number and came back to give it to mom. Thank you! Gary seemed to be handling the police end of the ordeal. Thank you! The car was towed to a car repair shop where it will stay until it is fixed. Until then I have a rental and a safe family. I can not imagine what my life would have been like if anything happened to any of these three people. I am thankful that they are all safe at home. (Well, technically, right now mom is probably at work, Gary is surly in bed, and Faith is fixed on Little Einsteins, but you know what I mean.) God is good and I am grateful for His protection!


Because you have made the LORD your dwelling place the Most High, who is my refuge no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
Psalm 91: 9-11

1 comments:

Andrea said...

I can't believe the guy didn't stop!!!! What a shmuck! So glad yall are all okay:-)
Love,
Snow

Post a Comment