Monday, March 16, 2009

He is her biggest cheerleader & She is his biggest fan

This is so much more than a simple picture of my kiddos on the sofa. Let me tell you what I see. I see a picture that is SO VERY significant to my crop time with Lauren. Lauren and I have scrapped together for roughly 5 years now. The poor girl has heard me over and over again say how much I don’t like scrapping pictures with my sofa in them. Jason and I bought a set of couches back in 1996 from the Orange County swap meet. At the time, we were newly married and they worked for our little apartment and our budget. As time passed those couches were a sore spot in my scrapbooks. The colors, the pattern, I didn’t feel that I could take a good picture of anyone sitting on the sofa because it was simply too distracting. Well, this past month Jason and I bought a new set of couches and although they made me happy, I didn’t realize how happy they made me until I saw the first picture of my kiddos with the new sofa in the background. No more distracting background to compete with. Happy me! ( I bet happy Lauren too!)
I also see something that is a little more tender to my heart. I see a little sister who is beyond excited that her brother is home from school and if she could get closer to him she would. She LOVES him so much and he is so gracious to let her paw all over him while he chills out and watches one of his shows. The relationship these two have is beautiful. He is her biggest cheerleader and she is his biggest fan. I am blessed by them both and proud to be called their mom.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

HOW SWEET! (love the new couches, too!)
Love,
Snow

Lauren Hampton said...

You know brown is the new black!I love that we don't have to worry about those darm=n couches any more. I guess we know that we have to shop for our furniture with our scrapbooks in mind. People think we're crazy shopping for clothes that way....ha ha ha. Couches are another level on that one!

Jordan said...

Very sweet picture of the kiddos. Touching story too. Oh yeah and love the couches. :)

Post a Comment