Saturday, June 13, 2009

What a perfect day!

Today we woke up to our first official summer morning. It was nice and quiet through the house. The puppy was snuggled in her bed. Dylan was happily playing one of his many video games. Daddy was still fast asleep. Faith & I watched a show or two while we gave ourselves some time to actually wake up. My hot tea in hand, I watched my little girl adore her #1 favorite TV personality, Rachel Coleman from Signing Time, and sign right along with her. In just a few short hours Faith would meet Rachel. What would Faith think? Would she cry when Rachel stops singing like she does at home? Would Faith realize that this indeed was Rachel? Would Faith be able to stop herself from smiling? I would soon find out...
There were so many moments that I was watching Faith simply beam while watching Rachel. I wish I was able to capture those moments that the camera simply could not; however, they are captured in my heart for my little miss.
One of the songs that Rachel was going to perform she wanted some kiddos up on stage. She was going to sing “Colors of the Rainbow” and she wanted a kiddo for every color. I found myself wishing soo much that my little girl could go up there but, knew it was not something she would do on que. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of black jump up on stage. Dylan?? Yes, it was Dylan! Our little guy got up there and represented blue- a color that Faith is constantly signing. Little did I know at the time that Daddy told him he would pay him $20 for going up there for his little sister. Lol!
While waiting for Rachel to come over to her booth we were walking around a bit and walking straight toward us was none of than Elmo! Could today get any better?? Oh wait! I forgot to mention the fact that when we parked there was a lady beside us that I started talking with. She apparently works for channel 10 and had been given tickets to get in. She had a couple extra and she gave us tickets! So this whole event only cost us parking. God is soo cool!
We were able to chat with Rachel for a bit and thank her for all that she does. She has impacted our family in such an enormous way. She is literally in our life daily. If we are not watching one of her shows, we are listening to her music, and I even find myself reading her blog when the kids are tucked in bed. Sometimes Daddy even finds himself singing her songs around the guys at work. :0)We are truly blessed by the work of her hands!

1 comments:

Lauren Hampton said...

AMAZING!!!! What a great experience. So awesome.

Call me tomorrow if you can. We are headed to the beach for Alyssa's beach birthday. Help....8 ten year olds.

Post a Comment