Jessie & I fell to our knees in prayer over the words that had been placed over my sweet daughter. "Failure to Thrive" echoed in my mind, heart & soul. What did this mean? Why wasn't my little girl growing? We went straight to the father and before His throne we pleaded for healing, growth & direction. In the days that followed, I was humbled as the elders of the church came and poured their heart out to the Lord on behalf of Faith.
So much has happened since those early days of this journey. It has been 5 years 7 months and 26 days since that first day. I would be lying if I said the road was easy. It has been full of hope and discouragement. It has had miles of sweet moments and moments of rocky hills that were only meant to be maneuvered by a King. There have been tears of joy & of sorrow along the way.
Today I stand with tears of joy in my eyes. Today is the day that the doctors told me that Faith is no longer "failure to thrive". This is a day of victory over labels that need not be on my blessed daughter- a daughter of the King! Our journey is not over but today I stand proud and say "Look at what my God has done!" Faith's full name means "to trust" "God is gracious". Yes, He is gracious indeed.
Collin Raye - She’s with me
She's with me
I proudly tell the maitre de as we arrive
He seems surprised
In a clumsy moment as he looks for room, for her blessed chair
A table stares, and their eyes show only pity
as they try to sympathize
Oh, how difficult that must be, look away
Day after day, they’ll never see, the joy you bring
I'm only happy at the times I know that she’s with me
I wear it like a badge of honor at the mall
I hear her call, the only way that she is able with a cry
Time to go bye bye, she can’t say why
Maybe tired, maybe hurting, god I wish that I could tell
Do I ever make her happy for awhile
To see her smile, makes my week,
Though she can’t speak,
She let’s me know she feels my love when she’s with me
I know just what heaven looks like when I see that perfect face
For no other mortal heart could be so fair
I myself so weak and weary, so imperfect as a man
How could I be the one you chose to care for our girl
Never done a single deed to earn the right to share her light
Though it’s such a painful road we walk each day
Lord you have your ways, this I pray
On the day I stand before you, she’ll stand right by my side
When you look upon me, head hung down in shame
I’ll feel the blame, she’ll look at me,
And then she’ll speak, in that precious voice
Don’t worry ‘bout him my lord, cuz you see,
He’s with me


2 comments:
Precious... anyone who has walked with Faith knows "She's with us" Love you Nana
Thanks for making me cry this morning! Never knew that song existed, love it!!! So happy for Faith, one more step towards the goal!! Love you!
Post a Comment