Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Spunky little girl

I happily walked up to school the other day to pick up my marvelous little girl. When I entered the office there sat my little one in her stroller. Odd. Why did she not walk to the office? Then I notice her little arms folded across her chest to show her annoyance with something. I laughed at her body language and asked why she was feeling so spunky.


Her aides proceeded to tell me that they believed she had just had a seizure. (OK, deep breath… tell me EVERYTHING) On her way to the office Faith sat down and as they tried to stand her back up they noticed her eyes flutter back. She would not stand nor walk. They grabbed the stroller put her in and brought her to the office. –Enter mom asking what was up - I called over the nurse who happened to be in her office. We watched as Faith started to fall asleep. Her energy was clearly gone. I scooped up my little miss and headed for the car to take her to the doctor. On my way out of the school parking lot little miss decided it would be a great time to throw up. The smell of vomit quickly engulfed my car. Blech! I called my boys who were at home and I swung by to pick them up so they could sit in the back with her to make sure she didn’t choke on any vomit. Dreamland was calling Faith and it was our job to get her to the doctor and pray.


The doctor believes she had a febrile seizure. A febrile seizure is a convulsion in young children that may be caused by a sudden spike in body temperature, often from an infection. The vomiting can be considered the flu or aftermath of the seizure. We are not sure since the flu is going around and Jason is recovering from it as well.


For now, we watch her closely.  We watch her temperature and let her have a few days of taking it easy.  (boy she sure knows how to play that card!)  Most of all we pray.  We pray that the Lord will guard her from any further seizures.  We pray that health and healing will rest upon her from the top of her head to the tips of her toes.  She is His princess long before she was ever mine and I trust that He will care for her tenderly.  He wove her together so magnificently and I trust He knows exactly how to tend to her now.


Tonight my babies are both snuggled up in bed and it’s time for me to take in my day.  I went straight to the freezer where a frozen roll of cookie dough lay waiting for me.  As I pulled out the homemade delight, Jason walked in and asked what I’m up to.  (Oops…. I’m caught... now I have to share.)  I loving looked at my husband and explained that we all deal with stress differently.  My babies are safe in bed and I am now free to let it all sink in.  Chocolate chips cookies can help me do that- please don’t judge me.  :0)

1 comments:

Britton Minor said...

Oh how I love the way you love your precious girl!

Post a Comment