Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chaos in my crafty mind

It feels like FOREVER since I have been able to scrapbook in my office. It has been almost a year of disorder and chaos in my crafty mind.
It started out so simple. I was packing up my things to go crop with my friend for the day. I was happy and grabbing products that made my heart beat a little faster. I picked up an album that was on the floor and it hit me like a ton of bricks…. KAPOW! Mold! Mold had grown on the carpet, up through my album cover and stopped at my handy-dandy page protector. I canceled my play date that fateful day. We moved furniture, packed up the office and ripped up nasty wet carpet.

The water damage has been taken care of and we have new carpet. The office is back in tact except for one minor detail… my scrap space. I have visions of building out the closet space with a desk and very sturdy shelves to house all my happiness. My vision is slightly larger than my budget. (Ok, WAAAY bigger than my budget.) So, my stuff sits. It sits untouched. It sits with big puppy dog eyes staring at me while I type this. It screams play with me! Come back! Let’s reminisce as we look through family photos. Let’s tell a story today! Wanna hear something silly? I can’t do it. I can’t get past the fact that my space is in disarray. I can’t get past that fact that things are not in order. DUMB!
I tried hard to make my office look like an office and not a dumping ground for pretty papers, ribbons, and large albums of family outings. I have already taken over a full bookcase and packed it full of albums of family fun. It kinda looks like an actual office. (when it’s clean of course) But the crafty in me is still in a closet packed up with no air to breathe.

Let’s insert some fine print: The amazing hubs of mine does not care if my pretty papers are out cluttering the office. He would love to see my vision of the closet build out to happen. It’s not him… it’s me.

I can’t breathe. I am finding it hard to take in air. I feel as though I am stuck in a pair of jeans that are a size too small and all I want are some comfy sweats to relax in. Jammies would work well too but, they are all just out of reach. Must… stop … eating… chocolate…. (ok, that might be going too far)

I am officially putting up my white flag. I will be spending some time later this week to move around some furniture and bring back my scrapbook table. My heart skips a beat just thinking about it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment