How often is it in our day that we hear that question? I know as I call different friends, I’m asked to hold on while children on the other end of the phone chat with mom. I am often asked by insurance, the supply company, and doctor’s offices to hold… and I do. I obviously have something I want to say and I simply wait my turn in line until I can speak what needs to be spoken. On the flip side, there are those days and I get irritated and give up and give in. I hang up the phone and feel completely cheated that I didn’t get my turn. So I ask you this…. how often is it that you feel that twinge of I should really go to church again or I should really teach my children what the bible says. How often are there not enough hours in the day to pick up the bible and read a bit. Typically, that twinge is the Holy Spirit trying to speak to you. You hear it… you simply put it on hold. I know that I am looking in the mirror when I say these things. I have my struggles without question. I tend to wake up around 4:00AM when I feel the sense that I am suppose to get up and pray or read the bible. If you know me… you know I’m not a morning person and I love my sleep! Well, I simply talk to God in the wee hours of the morning and say… “Seriously? You created me. You know I’m not a morning person! Can you talk to me at 8:00AM?” (Yes, the Lord says come boldly before the throne… and I take that seriously.) In essence, I have put the Holy Spirit on hold. I wake and the day gets away from me. Do I make the time to find out what he wanted to talk with me about? Nope. I wonder if he gave up and feels as cheated as I do when I don’t feel heard.
I just finished reading a book about a miraculous healing. The mother was so in tune with the Holy Spirit. She would not have put him on hold. I mean really… when the God of the universe wants to talk with you should you really put him on hold??
So my challenge to myself and to you is this… stop putting the Lord on hold! When He has something to tell you I hope you listen. Your creator probably just wants to spend time with you just as a parent does with their child.


3 comments:
nicely put.
Ouch!!! That hits home!
I know the feeling - hits home for sure. Again, I am sooooo blessed to have you in my life.
Post a Comment