Sunday, January 18, 2009

Derby Fever


It all starts with a block of wood and some imagination!


Normally Pinewood Derby is for the boys… right? Well, for anyone who has not been a part of Cub Scouting, this event is geared around the boys BUT the parents get to have a little fun too. This year as Dylan and Jason were creating a car I got a text from my friend, Carly. She challenged me to make a car so we would race each other. Hmmmm…. please note that typically I am NOT a competitive person. I took the challenge and bought my block of wood right away. Yes, I carved it. Yes, I sanded it. Yes, I painted it. The only help I had from the hubby was putting the wheels on. I have to say I think I did a great job considering it was my first car!! (plus... Jason broke off one of my wheels on accident an hour before the race)



Then I saw Carly’s car…. Holy cow it was AMAZING!!! Could my Derby Chick take out a Jimmy Choo shoe?


The race began and we all had a ton of fun which was the point of it all.

Well, do you want to know the results??? OK, here you go:


Dylan took home 2nd place in his den
Carly took home best fashion
I took home 1st place in the parents division!

Go Derby Chick!!


OK, gotta go to Disneyland to see Tiffany, Joe, Drew and Hunter!
XOXO

1 comments:

Jordan said...

Oh, those are great pics. Go Derby Chick!

Post a Comment