The rain started while we were on top of the Space Needle. We actually watched it come into town. Kind-a neat when you see it coming. We knew we were going to walk around town today the way we walked the town yesterday. We rented a car and took off to the one place I HAD to go to while I was here- Tacoma!
We headed up to Tacoma where I piece of my heart will always reside. I haven’t had the opportunity to come back up here since my grandparents passed in 1998. At times it feels like it has been forever since that happened and other times the heartache returns as if it were only yesterday. I really felt it on the airplane when we were in our decent into the Sea-Tac airport. I remembered the times where we’d get off the plane and grandma and grandpa would be there waiting in the terminal. My favorite part as a child was when we left the parking garage. The tall parking garage has cylinder ramps to get to each floor. If you park near the top, when you drove down it felt as though you were spiraling down the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland.
On this trip to Washington I desperately wanted to go and see my grandparents at the cemetery. I still think of them often and miss them very much!


0 comments:
Post a Comment