Friday, August 20, 2010

What now?

It’s funny when you are dating how everyone asks, “When are you going to get married??????” Then you get married and everyone asks, “When are you going to have a baby??” Both kids started school this month for me and now everyone is asking me, “What are you going to do with yourself??” I am not sure WHAT I am going to do with myself.

Maybe, just maybe, I’ll take time to breathe. Maybe, while they are busy learning I might go to the grocery store ALONE. Maybe, I could shower ALONE. Maybe, I can walk through Target or the mall and not have people staring at me and my beautiful special needs child. (and trying to diagnose her) Maybe, just maybe, I can just take a deep breath and not have to watch to see if someone is choking or mentally stimulated. Maybe, I’ll stop thinking of all the PT, OT, and speech homework I still have to do. Maybe, the laundry might get put away and the dishes cleaned. Maybe the car might get washed.  Maybe- Maybe not.

What I do know is that I will come home and praise my heavenly father that I have been blessed to be a stay at home mom. Anything after that is icing on my cupcake!

0 comments:

Post a Comment