Today we woke up to a clouds hanging low in the sky whispering the need for candles lit. The coffee pot sang its beautiful bubbly tune as the air was filled with the aroma of fresh coffee. Ahhh... Good Morning!
Friends joined me for my morning coffee and bible time. As the kids played in the playroom, we girls discussed Jezebel from Bad Girls of the Bible. Oh, how I hate to think I have anything in common with her, but there are attributes that I can identify with. One of my favorite aspects of this weeks study was that it brought a renewed light to the fact that we have profound influence over our children. We teach them in the things we do more than the things we say. Lord, please help me with this one!
Our day progressed and we were off to run to get some new lenses for Missy's glasses. I wanted to stop there first because I had no idea what the store hours were on Saturdays. We pulled into the parking lot and sure enough there is was... a door that was shut and locked. As I read the hours on the dark window I had to laugh because they had closed only 8 minutes before we got there. Ugh! I had a choice to make... get mad or let it roll off my sleeve. What would my words be to my child? Let it roll... it's not a big deal... we'll come back Monday... I followed my own advice and let it roll.
Later in the day, I found myself in the kitchen with my bestest sous chef. He asked if we could make marshmallow cookies and I told him probably not since I didn't have a recipe or a lot of ingredients. Apparently I just needed to add a bit of imagination to my day because my wise sous chef asked if we could create a marshmallow cookie if we didn't have a recipe. Hmm... how do you say no to that? I jumped online and found a simple recipe and we started to preheat the oven. His adventurous spirit was fed and we had some great quality time together. Thank you Lord for moving me out of my own way.
There are times when I feel that I am here to teach my kids
and there are times that I believe they are here to teach me!
Crackers
Large marshmallows cut in halfPeanut Butter
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Spread peanut butter on crackers. Top with chocolate chips and 1/2 a marshmallow. Brown in oven @ 350 for approx. 5 minutes. Serve warm.


1 comments:
One of my best memories is the day my mom let me "make up" a peanut butter cookie recipe when I was about 9 years old. I still recall her suggesting I use certain ingredients here and there...never letting on that I didn't actually "invent" the cookies myself! Great post Holly!
Post a Comment