Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Let the festivities begin!

It has been over 4 years since I jumped in the car and traveled to Las Vegas. Doesn’t sound like a big deal? Well, for me it was. You see, Las Vegas isn’t just “Viva Las Vegas” for me as it is for some. Las Vegas represents family to me. The last time I was there was when Faith was 6 weeks old and before she had started any of her testing or therapies. Boy, what I didn’t know then! Well, Thanksgiving was a perfect time for us to take the trip… so we did!

Thanksgiving day we rolled out of bed and got on the road. There were light showers along the way, but nothing to be concerned about. We arrived in my dad’s house in LV around noon which gave us a little bit of time to settle in before the rest of the family came over. Plus Grandpa had a few activites up his sleeve for Dylan.... with an air soft pistal we had one HAPPY boy! We enjoyed a traditional Thanksgiving dinner and the kids all played and watched a movie while the adults chatted over coffee and pie. I have to say that as I sat there with my brother, my dad, and the rest of the family…. I did not take any pictures! Can you believe it? Instead I sat there and took in the time I had with these marvelous men and the rest of the family. I knew there were a couple cameras going and I was told that I would get copies of the pictures, but truly, I wanted to be present in the moment and so I did.

We ended the night at Jason and Roxanne’s house with the boys camping upstairs in a homemade fort. Ava was snug in her bed, and Faith was too when …she woke up! Oh yeah… Faith doesn’t sleep at other people’s houses. Bummer. Faith stayed up until about 5:30AM when she collapsed on the floor and I was able to put her to bed. By 8:30AM I was back up and getting ready for a day with my niece and nephew. We had places to go and things to do… IHOP, Santa, and a little shopping. Did someone say coffee? I had a blast with my family and the trip seemed entirely too short.

As we drove home Friday night all I could think about was catching up on some sleep and the next day when we were going to another Thanksgiving dinner. (note to self… make more pie in the morning) We got home around 1:00AM and my head hit the pillow pretty hard.

What a truly Happy Thanksgiving!




1 comments:

Goldilocks said...

I'm glad you had a good time- Happy Thanksgiving 5 days late.

Post a Comment