Monday, November 24, 2008

Marine Corps Ball

A few days ago we had the honor to go to the Marine Corps Ball. Normally this consists of getting dressed up to go out with Jason and meeting a ton of people that I may or may not see again. I stand quietly beside my Marine and feel an enormous sense of pride.


This year was slightly different. As we sat at table 14 I was able to reflect on the changes over the many Marine Corps Balls we have gone to. In the beginning we were sat towards the back and this year we were at the front. The men that Jason spoke with most of the night were of higher rank which inevitably means less drunk. Then it dawned on me… table 14… hmmm…. could it be? Yep, it was 14 years ago when we went to our first Ball. Boy, how far we have come….

Jason and I had talked about inviting Mom and Gary to the Ball with us over the years. But the reality was they were our babysitters every year! What would we do with the kids??? Well, this year Lauren came over and put the little ones to bed which freed up Mom and Gary. For the first time they were able to join us at the Ball and it was a delight for us to have them there to share in this tradition of celebrating the Marine Corps Birthday.



With the exception of our first Ball 14 years ago, this one was my favorite!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Everyone looks BEAUTIFUL!
Semper FI!

Jordan said...

How cool was the # 14 this year! You all look great and very happy. That's awesome that your mom and Gary were able to join you.

Lauren Hampton said...

You all looked so great. I was happy to watch the kids. I think it was great that Mom & Gary were able to go. Wow, 14 balls! You should be careful you might turn into a Princess or something!
XOXO

allyson joy said...

disney?? reggae??? sounds so fun, you know for the kids {wink, wink}....
yeah, i totally saw you too, i told lauren that i didnt want to be that crazy chick in the parking lot going "hey, youre holly, right?? holly from 'a sassy chick', yeah, id totally know your face anywhere",,, i just didnt want to go there, would have been too weird for you, right??
thanks for the reggae suggestion, ill check it out!! hi back!!! ;-)

Jordan said...

Hi-
We totally LOVE the cookies. We've had them at a party or a bbq from time to time but never had we made them so that was fun and Jordan just enjoyed being able to do most of it himself! What a big boy. haha.
I will try the pumpkin bars too. Neither of my guys seem interested in that but it's the right season and I may just be super nice and make them for the girls at work. They would love it.
I hope you have great Thanksgiving too!
Lots of Love to you and the family!

Goldilocks said...

Looks like you had a great time- I love the picture Mom & Gary and would love a copy

Post a Comment