Monday, March 1, 2010

I hear ya :0)

OK, so maybe it was a little mean to say I tried new recipes and not give you the recipe to try out.  Here are the two recipes I tried that I loved. 

Apple-Topped Pork Chops
4 boneless pork chops
1 tsp oil
1/4 C chicken broth
1 medium tart apples peeled & sliced
1 TBS butter
1/2 C plus 2 TBS apple juice divided
1/4 C honey
2 tsp cornstarch (I used flour)

In skillet, brown pork chops in on both sides in oil.  Pleace in 13" x 9" baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Add broth to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits.  Pour over chops.  Cover and bake at 350* for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute apples in butter for 3-4 minutes.  Add 1/2 C apple juice and honey: cook for 1-2 minutes.  Spoon over chops.  Bake uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
In sauce pan, combine cornstarch and remaining apple juice until smooth; add reserved pan juices.  Bring to boilcook & stir until thinkened.  Serve over pork chops and apples.

Lemon-Maple Butternut Squash
1 Large butternut squash, halved
1/4 C water
1/4 C maple syrup
1 TBS butter
1 TBS lemon juice
1/2 tsp grated lemon peel

Place squash cut side down in ungreased 13" x 9" baking dish.  Add water.  Cover and bake at 350* for 1 hour or until tender.  Scoop out the squash and place in mixing bowl.  Add syrup, butter, lemon juice and peel: beat until smooth.

This week I'm going to make Salmon Patties and Coconut Chicken.  Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment