though people do not recognize it.
He speaks in dreams, in visions of the night,
when deep sleep falls on people
as they lie in their beds.
Job 33: 14-15
Do you remember your dreams? Do you remember the faces and colors? Do you remember what is said or done in this dream world we visit each night? From a young age I have been able to remember my dreams. I have had the ability to know it is a dream and speak to my dream. Kind-a weird, I know. I also have had the gift of being able to see things in my dreams that I watch unfold a day or so later. I do not take this gift lightly. Most of the time, I will see things and not think too much about it until I watch it make itself known before my eyes.
I remember one time I was in the office and a coworker came in to ask me a question. As she was leaving I told her I had a dream about her the night before. (Which was odd on many levels) In my dream, she was rollerblading on her lunch break (not uncommon for her) and she was about 5 or months pregnant. I smiled and thought nothing of it. She stopped cold in her tracks and proceeded to tell me that she and her hubby had been trying to conceive for several months. They had been through a miscarriage along the way and was blown away at the dream. I found out a month or so later she was pregnant.
I can name time after time this happens. The destruction and restoration of my marriage was revealed to me first in dreams. The genders of my children were revealed to me in dreams. Most of the time I laugh it off… other times I watch the Lord work with a mystified look upon my face wondering what He is up to.
The night before last I had another dream. In my dream there was a HUGE earthquake. I knew I was safe. I knew my children were safe. I watched the earth shift and a massive cliff buckle. I was SHOCKED to wake up and hear about the quake in Haiti the next morning.
I have no idea why the Lord uses dreams to speak to me. I am blessed that He speaks to me at all. I love knowing that He loves me so much that He whispers to my soul.


2 comments:
That is so awesome! Does He also tell you what to do about what you see? Or is it usually just information for you to know...just curious!
Most of the time it's a simple peep show. :0)
Post a Comment