I am now on the rebound and in the market for new products. This should be fun and exciting! I get to shop and touch and feel all sorts of luxurious moisturizers. I get the smell each one of them and see if I like the way the scent lingers in the air. (Seriously, I had a night cream that smelled so bad once! Let me tell ya, not a great way to crawl into bed with your hubby!) I have taken time to look at all sorts of products online, I’ve walked the mall and I’ve been brave enough to take my entire family into Sephora.
I still don’t know what products I am going to choose. I'm close to raising my white flag and reordering the safe bet... my past product. I'm resisting the urge so far with the hope that there is an AFFORDABLE & FANTASTIC line of products out there waiting to be found. I daydream of Estee Lauder's new “Future Perfect” line, boasting a “skin recharge cocktail” or Aveda's jojoba exfoliating beads or Principal Secret's lasting hydration and increasing elasticity.
One thing I have found is that each one of the lines I have looked at promise new younger skin. Anti wrinkle this and anti-wrinkle that. My question is this: When did getting old become so frowned upon? I know a woman who gets Botox injections because she doesn’t want laugh lines. All of the pictures I have seen of her she is not smiling because she doesn’t want the laugh lines! When did it get so bad that we don’t want to laugh or smile because it might make us look older? I simply don’t get it. Yes, I am growing older each and every day. (Thank you Lord for that gift) I gain new wrinkles each year because I smile and laugh. I take my kids to the beach and the park and therefore I squint and get crows feet marching across my face. I get mad when there is an injustice or even when I don’t get my own way and there are plenty of lines between my eyebrows to show the disgust and concern for it all. Like one of my favorite Switchfoot songs say, “yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead.” I will grow old one sweet day at a time. I don't have anything against keeping smooth skin wrinkle free. Please don't make me feel bad because I have cold hard evidance staring at me in the mirror every morning that years are passing quicker and quicker. I want my children to see what it looks like to live a life well lived. A life that experienced sadness, happiness, laughter and well moisturized skin! Is that so bad?



0 comments:
Post a Comment