Monday, January 11, 2010

Shedding the Weight of the World

I woke up this morning with that still quiet voice in my head saying “It’s time to shed the weight of the world”. (OK, but at 6:00AM??) So I thought alright, Lord. What is this going to look like? How do you shed the weight of the world and where did this come from? I sat down at the computer to wake it up with my cup of tea. (that's' how it works, right?) Then I realized I was suppose to be waking up with the black book that had red letters in it instead. Oh... so THAT is how it's suppose to work. Off I went to the good book asking along the way what I was suppose to be reading. Insert still quiet voice here... "Psalm 31". Hmm... Ok. I opened Psalm 31 and was curious to see what it had to say and there it was... like someone had jumped off the page and explained to me what it meant to shed the weight of the world.

You are my rock and my fortress.
For the honor of your name, lead me out of this peril.
Pull me from the trap my enemies set for me,
for I find protection in you alone.
Psalm 31: 3-4

The world has so many ways to lead you into danger. It has a crafty way of creating a heart that desires earthly treasures. The lure of over indulging in something that seems wonderful at the time may eventually bring total destruction. Take chocolate for example, is it wrong to have chocolate? NOPE! Not even a little bit. What happens when one piece of chocolate becomes the whole 1 lb. box? (Don't gasp like you don't know what I'm talking about!) Your body now craves the chocolate and you have to choose if your going to give in to your earthly desires or be set free. What about shopping? Is that dangerous? Not at all, but it could become that way if you are obsessive about it. If you have to have the new latest and greatest item and have forgotten about the latest and greatest item you bought last week.

The other night I went out with a bunch of friends for a ladies night out. It was a night full of laughter! Why? Because after dinner we went to a pole dancing class. SOOO much FUN!! Here's the thing though, it would be easy to get caught up in the idea of pole dancing and loose sight of the fun it was intended to be. The lure for the husbands differed with each couple. So does that make one wife more desirable than the next? It could get tricky for a woman if she started to compare herself with the ladies next to her. The world is so full of expectations that we then carry. What we should wear, what we should look like, how our husbands are to respond to us. The list goes on and on and on until our heads spin.

"Lead me out of this peril. Pull me from the trap my enemies have set for me." I see it as Lead me out of the world's labels and expectations of me. Pull me from the traps of the enemy who wants to see me less than who I was made to be. The best way for the enemy to win it to lead us into the belief that we are not good enough nor do we have enough. Doubt overwhelms us and we loose sight of the TRUTH. It doesn't matter if it is weight, doubt, or an addiction that has you under it's control. The TRUTH is it is time to Shed the weight of the WORLD.

The TRUTH is this:

The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
I will advise you and watch over you.
Do not be like a senseless horse or mule
that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control."
Psalm 33: 8-9

It's time to reclaim your identity in the truest of forms. The one that was made that one special day you were created by your maker. For it is written : "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29: 11-12 If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you up with their hands so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone. You will trample upon lions and cobras; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet! Psalm 91: 9-13

It sure sounds to me that this maker of ours loves us deeply and has plans for us so great that we can not imagine them this side of heaven. I pray that you will live to your full potential and embrase all that you were created to be. I pray that you will lay down the weight of the world today and never lift it up again. You were made Wonderfully Complex in His image! Why taint that with earthly expectations?

0 comments:

Post a Comment