I have been reading through Romans the last several days. I read until I feel the Holy Spirit stop me. Some times it is 1 chapter other days it is more. It seems that each day there comes a time in my reading that a verse simply jumps off the page and lands in my heart in a new way. I wrestle with the verse within myself. Who am I kidding; I talk to myself out loud. For example, yesterday I was reading Romans 7 and 8 and it stopped me dead in my tracks. I put the good book down and talked this out while doing the morning dishes. Who was I talking to? Me? God? I think both.
So you should not be like cowering, fearful slaves. You should behave instead like God’s very own children, adopted into his family- calling him Father, dear father. Romans 8:15
So what is it to BEHAVE like God’s child?
Well, I know what I expect MY children to behave like. I want them to do as they are told. I want them to submit to my parental authority because I have their best interest in mind. I want them to learn what it is be responsible, honorable & charitable. I want them to show love through joy and tears. I want them to find comfort in knowing that I will always be here for them. Gee, I wonder if God expects the same from me. I imagine that there are days that my papa is proud of my behavior... others I wonder if he wants to find a rubber room because I'm driving him crazy trying to do things my way. He is a patient papa for sure and I love him.


0 comments:
Post a Comment