Soooo.... my second goal has been to get out of the rut of daily cooking. We have certain staples in our house and dinner has become something a little dull. Same ol’ things served again and again. Don’t get me wrong, they are yummy but a little variety every so often works wonders. With this in mind I set myself a goal to try at minimum 1 new recipe a week. So far… I’ve made 2 and I’m on week 1 of my goal. Not to shabby, if you ask me!
Last week I opened up one of my Light & Tasty magazines from 2002 and searched for something that looked scrumptious. I passed up of one my all time favorite recipes which was super hard to do but I took a deep breath and turned the page. Sure enough hiding on page 27 was a recipe I had overlooked. It looked simple enough and yummy enough. The decision was made. I was diving in and making Apple-Topped Pork Chops for dinner! They were scrumptious and will now be added to our household staple list.
I proceeded through my magazine and another recipe jumped out & said… TRY ME I look so bright and pretty! This one I was not so sure the boys would love but me and little miss might just be in heaven so Lemon-Maple Butternut Squash was added to this week’s menu. As I looked at the ingredients I saw that maple syrup was involved. My trick here was to get my little man in the kitchen with me and make this recipe. I MIGHT have a shot if he saw maple syrup was involved. My expectations were realized when the boys both said that it was OK but not something they would want on a regular basis. I, on the other hand, thought it was scrumptious and would make it again in a heartbeat!


1 comments:
Where's the recipe for the pork chops??????
Let's have it!
Love,
Snow
Post a Comment