Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chapter 5: Finding your voice

Several years ago I bought a book that I truly fell in love with… but have never completed. Not because it wasn’t fabulous but because it is a thought provoker. It makes you stop and think and create. It is right up my alley. The book is called The Scrapbooking Journey: A Hands-on guide to Spiritual Discovery. It takes two of my loves and combines them into one marvelous little book. Could it get any better? I don’t think so!

I am currently working on chapter 5 titled “Expression: Finding your voice”. I find it fascinating that as I write these words this will mark my 100th post as A Sassy Chick. When I first started writing on this blog it was mainly to get the news out of my little girl’s first step in a walker. I had started this account before that to simply read and comment on my sisters blog. I branched out of my cozy little box and started writing different things. Some thought provoking ( I hope) and others silly and fun. As I did this I found out that people actually tuned in to see what I had to say. Who Knew??? Not me. Not a simple girl with simple ideas. I found that although I am a scrapbooker at heart the things I wrote here were stories or ideas that would never hit a scrapbook page. I often wondered if I should continue this adventure of life so publicly. There is a big bad world out there, you know! What if these words were held against me in some form or fashion? Then it dawned on me… I am an open book- Literally. Whom shall I fear but the Lord himself and heck he knows me better than I know myself!

I found a new voice in writing this blog. There are many in my life that I do not have the pleasure of seeing everyday. The ones that I hold dear to my heart and would love to sit down and dive deep with and laugh with. This blog has become that medium for me. There are others that I see all the time and I never have the opportunity to do this with. Somehow talking about the who, what, wheres in life are not so easy to cram into a conversation while picking up kids from school. So here I find a new voice.  Thank you for helping me find this voice because really if we could sit and chat over a cup of coffee... these are all the things I would want to talk to you about.  I'm just...

Don’t try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It’s the one and only thing you have to offer.
– Barbara Kingsolver


Now here’s the fine print:
As much as I am happy to have found this voice.... I still like to use my eyes. Please don’t hesitate to leave a comment. I like seeing you here and knowing I’m not talking to myself all the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment