I woke up this morning to a happy little boy bouncing in my bedroom with a song in his voice. As I opened my eyes, I thought to myself, who is this child? Did I truly birth him? Surly, Jason and I did not create a morning child! As he nudged me out of bed my day began. Showering, feeding the little guy some breakfast and packing his lunch. We got Dylan off to school and then Faith and I came home for a quick breakfast ourselves. Our first appointment was with the Orthopedic Dr. After waiting for what seemed like forever, we saw the Dr. and no kidding… he pulled off Faith’s cast! No saw… just simply pulled it off! She looked at him as if to say “That is all I had to do? Why didn’t you show me that a couple weeks ago?” They took 2 more films of X-Rays and the fracture looks good. We were sent home with a follow up appointment in 2 weeks to make sure that nothing is bothering little Faith. Off we went to the bank and of course, the scrapbook store. :) I had about 30 minutes to kill before our next appointment and I remembered that my scrap buddy was working at the store today. Being a good friend, I had to stop in and say hello. Little did I know that the hello would cost me $13. Off to Speech therapy for our session of Faith being silly. For some reason she always asks to go to bed when she gets in the room. We don’t know why, the girl doesn’t even nap anymore! Anyway, we took off and headed to Loma Linda for our post-op appointment with ENT. As we waited for about an hour I fed Faith lunch in her stroller. The Dr. came in and told us her ears look great and the tubes seem to have relieved the pressure in her ears. Yeah! Ok, time to go home… right? Kind-a. Thankfully we didn’t hit any traffic on the way home so it only took us an hour. Whew. Oh wait, another scrapbook store… how do I pass it and not go in??? I don’t. :) I went in for maybe 4 minutes before Faith was done and ready to go. We left. At home I collapsed on the couch and fell asleep for a half an hour before the phone rang. It was my friend who had picked Dylan up from school for me while I was at Loma Linda. She asked if she could just take Dylan to Cub Scouts and meet me there. YES! oh wait, I’m not ready for Cub Scouts! I still have the treasury report and den dues to print out. And wait…. I have to write down everything I need to go over with the parents. Ok, stop. Feed Faith. Ok, now let’s pack up and go…
As the garage door opens and I enter in I remember that the day is almost done. This makes me happy just to think in a little bit I can sit and do nothing! I bathe the kiddos and tuck them in bed. They are safe, fed, clean, and happy. Now, it’s time to breathe a little. You see, I may not do jumping jacks during commercial breaks, but believe me when I say at that moment I feel like I have worked out for the day. I am one tired chick!
As the garage door opens and I enter in I remember that the day is almost done. This makes me happy just to think in a little bit I can sit and do nothing! I bathe the kiddos and tuck them in bed. They are safe, fed, clean, and happy. Now, it’s time to breathe a little. You see, I may not do jumping jacks during commercial breaks, but believe me when I say at that moment I feel like I have worked out for the day. I am one tired chick!



4 comments:
You've been tagged! Check out my blog to see what it's all about! http://laurenhampton.blogspot.com/
I'm sorry I cost you 13.oo. I cost me 17.oo if that makes you feel better! I'm still sick!
Amazing is all I can say......
You didn't cost me anything chick! It was the pretty paper and cherry brads that cost me. :) I'm happy that I got them!
Post a Comment