Monday, November 17, 2008

Friends

I used to think
we chose our own friends,
but I wonder now if we
really do...
For none but God could
have chosen for me
friends so special
as you.
- Sally J. Ethier

As I read this I look at the diverse friendships that I hold dear to my heart. I have friends that know the tender part of my soul that I hold only for Christ. Some other friends know the part of me that is sassy and needs to be reined in at times. Hey, iron sharpens iron, right? Others know me mainly as a mother and there are some that know me as eternally 16. At first this idea made me feel like I was only offering certain parts of me to others and that some how I have compartmentalized my friendships. The truth is, each of you brings out a different aspect of who I am. Each of you holds a piece of my history and of my heart. Each of you have known me at different times of my life. There is no way I could have brought together such an amazing collection of friendships on my own. I have seen God's finger prints all over this journey.

Hey- it's even in the good book!

An honest answer is like a kiss of friendship. Proverbs 24:26

The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense. Proverbs 27:9

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. Proverbs 27:17

Thanks for being my friend!
XOXO

2 comments:

Lauren Hampton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren Hampton said...

Love you Christina, no matter how sassy you are.

Mer-

Post a Comment