Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thumbs up from the troops

This past weekend I was making breakfast when I thought… hmm… how can I mix this up a bit for Fall? You see I do “routine” well, but really… I need to add a little spice when I can. So I quickly called 411… I mean mom... and asked how to adjust my yummy pancake recipe to a yummy pumpkin pancake recipe??? I had an idea of how to do it, but why not call the expert to confirm it plus get a “Happy Sunday” out of it? We made the adjustments and I fed the troops. (without telling them of course!) Dylan started telling me that he liked the pancakes and that was my window of opportunity. You see, we are a food network family. We love to sit down together and watch Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, Ace of Cakes, or Iron Chef America. (Dylan does a screamin’ impression of the chairman!) Anyway, back to breakfast… Dylan was telling me that he liked the pancakes and I asked him if he could taste the secret ingredient. I told him that I added something extra to the pancakes…. but could he figure it out??? After a little bit of careful consideration, Jason piped up and said pumpkin. (between you and me… I don’t know that he tasted it… I think he simply saw the pumpkin pie spice out before I could put it away.) The Pumpkin Pancakes ended up getting thumbs up from the troops! It was fun to mix things up a bit and have a food network challenge in my very own kitchen. Here is the recipe of the Pumpkin Pancakes that I made. You should try them… they’re yummy!

Pumpkin Pancakes
1 egg
1 C milk
1 TBS vanilla
½ tsp salt
½ C sugar
2 C flour
½ C oil
1 TBS baking powder
½ C canned pumpkin
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mix it up and make some festive pancakes!!

If you have pumpkin left, over mix it up with vanilla yogurt and a touch of pumpkin pie spice… it was a huge hit with Faith!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

We are a food network family, too! Every time I watch Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, I want to take a road-trip to do a taste testing. Pancakes sound yummy!

Post a Comment