Tuesday, September 23, 2008

He is able

What is it about music that takes you down memory lane? When I was younger I had to listen to Randy Travis while I cleaned my bedroom. It just wasn’t the same without it. When getting in my dad’s truck it was Kenny Rogers and The Oak Ridge Boys I wanted to listen to. Well, there was a season of my life that I was headed to Loma Linda Children’s Hospital quite often. The 2 main CD’s I was listening to at the time was Rascal Flats and His Passion (The Christ). Now every time I travel to Loma Linda I want to listen to those CD’s. It just makes the long drive a reflective one. Today I didn’t have them. I was a little disappointed so I listened to the radio while I prayed over Faith, her surgeon and the staff at the surgery center we were headed to. I lost signal to the radio station so I turned on the CD player. Low and behold the very song I listened to hit the spot. I sat listening to a beautiful voice singing to me “He is able, more than able to accomplish what concerns me today. He is able, more than able to handle anything that comes my way. He is able, more than able to do much more than I could ever dream. He is able, more than able to make me what he wants me to be.”

It was Faith’s third time in 3 years to have tubes placed in her ears. There was some concern about scar tissue on her ear drums and of course the normal disclaimers that come with any surgery. It’s almost surreal how much peace I had today though. Here my baby was headed to surgery and I was at peace. Maybe it was because I had to get both kiddos out of the house before 6:30 AM? Maybe it was because I was distracted trying to figure out who would be playing the role of Meredith and Derrick. I found Alex and Christina. I even looked for the sparkle pager but couldn’t find it. Bummer. I really think it was simply God’s peace that surrounded me today.

Without fail my baby came through with flying colors. The Dr. came out and let me know she did well and that he had to suction some milky fluid out. She was not a happy camper when I got back there to see her. I got her to the car and was able to calm her down with her Praise Baby video. Of course, the first song on the video was “How great is our God”. This is a song that reminds us of Daddy and the sheer magnitude of all that has been to done to heal our family. There will be a day Faith will be healed too. She is our walking, talking miracle! It will happen… you just wait… it will be glorious!

3 comments:

Goldilocks said...

I'm glad she is OK and home safe.

Crusty Granny In The Mtns said...

My little angel is such a trooper - if anyone knows doctors and nurses, she certainly does!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you and her and hoping all was well. I love you and miss you much. You are right...God has a way of making stressful times and periods of uncertanty much easier to deal with. He is able!!!! I love you all give kisses for me.

Post a Comment