There is something therapeutic about scrapbooking to me. It’s my time to simply breathe. I have the ability to create something from what appears to be glue and paper. To the scrapper it is adhesive and cardstock. I take time to let go and use my imagination to try to capture the story behind the pictures. I take time to remember that through the average day there is beauty to be seen; it is all a matter of what perspective you are choosing to view the world. It could be a flower, a sunset, or the sheer happiness of someone you love. I love to stop and try to embrace that moment before it is lost or forgotten.
My obsession with pictures started back in elementary school. My father would take all sorts of pictures and make sure they were in order when he slipped them in a small brown photo album. As a child, I loved to see each little volume fill up. I started taking over empty albums that happened to be around the house and would cut out pictures from magazines to embellish my pages. (Yes, I still have those precious first embellishments.) My creative juices were always taking me somewhere to create something. It has been a long time since the days of old magazine embellishments, but my desire to keep my pictures in order like my father is still going strong. My embellishments are a different, but the story is what I long to capture.
I had been looking forward to last night for a couple days. I knew that once the kiddos were tucked in bed, my scrap buddy was heading over for a late night crop. Yes, we had a few cookies, coffee, and movies along with our crop time. But, the quality timer in me was simply happy to have my friend over. We have been scrap buds for several years now and it’s hard to imagine scrapping without her. She is the Sookie to Lorelei or Meridith to Christina. We can be serious and yet be very silly. Last time we scrapped we played 1-2-3-4 I declare a camera war. It is the silliness that keeps us going in the wee hours of the morning.
My obsession with pictures started back in elementary school. My father would take all sorts of pictures and make sure they were in order when he slipped them in a small brown photo album. As a child, I loved to see each little volume fill up. I started taking over empty albums that happened to be around the house and would cut out pictures from magazines to embellish my pages. (Yes, I still have those precious first embellishments.) My creative juices were always taking me somewhere to create something. It has been a long time since the days of old magazine embellishments, but my desire to keep my pictures in order like my father is still going strong. My embellishments are a different, but the story is what I long to capture.
I had been looking forward to last night for a couple days. I knew that once the kiddos were tucked in bed, my scrap buddy was heading over for a late night crop. Yes, we had a few cookies, coffee, and movies along with our crop time. But, the quality timer in me was simply happy to have my friend over. We have been scrap buds for several years now and it’s hard to imagine scrapping without her. She is the Sookie to Lorelei or Meridith to Christina. We can be serious and yet be very silly. Last time we scrapped we played 1-2-3-4 I declare a camera war. It is the silliness that keeps us going in the wee hours of the morning.
Lauren and I on our annual trip to Ontario Scrapbook Expo
Over the years I have changed my “style” many times, however, one thing remains. I try to keep it simple. I love to use bling, flowers, ribbon, and all the fun stuff that comes along with scrapping, but I’m not lost without it. Last night I worked on a spread that makes my heart happy. I had taken these pictures on a random trip to the park and tried to create the simple, fun, feel that our family is about. I think I have achieved success. All in all it was nice to take the time to stop and breathe and steal a little time for me in this crazy thing called life.
Together we live, laugh & love
Can you tell I’ve been watching Gilmore Girls and I’ve spent some time with Lauren? They bring out the chatty girl in me…


1 comments:
You mean I bring out the "Hampton" in you??? I have been feeling a little quiet these days, hmmmmm. Did you "Bailes" me? I hope to have time tomorrow to actually open my mind and mouth back up and actually blog. Man did I ever fall off of the Earth! Luckily scrapping with you was not included in that! Loves Ya!!! Me.
Post a Comment