Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My time is not my own... I gave it away freely

People wonder why I call myself the "not so stay at home mom" Let me take a minute to explain....

My days seem to be full of surprises. We woke this morning with the knowledge it was going to be a day of therapy appointments yet somehow we didn’t get to either appointment. As we were walking out the door to go to PT (physical therapy) the phone rang and our authorization came through for Faith’s cast. I jumped on the phone and called the orthopedic dr. office. To my surprise they asked if I could get down there in an hour. I called PT to let them know we weren’t going to be able to make our appointment and I loaded us up in the car. We got to the dr. office and about 45 minutes went by and we still hadn’t been seen. So, I stepped outside to call our speech therapist to let them know that I was not sure I was going to make it. They graciously canceled our appointment and we went back in to wait…. and wait. Faith was about to crawl out of her skin when they called us back to the room to view her x-rays and cast her. (Of course, I didn't have the stroller with me. I had the walker that I was going to return to PT. Oops.) Faith has a new pink cast and she got out of her therapy appointments for the day. Boy, what she won’t do to get out of working!


Tomorrow we are off to see ENT at Loma Linda. Dylan is being seen for possible fluid in his ears and Faith is going in for pre-op. For the third year in a row, Faith is getting tubes put in her ears. Her surgery is set for next week.

My time is not my own anymore; I gave it away freely the day I gave birth to each of my babies. My days are filled with running to therapy appointments, calling doctors, checking up on authorizations and referrals, homework, and bath time. Although I am a "stay at home mom" I don't stay home very much. I couldn’t wait to be a mom when I was growing up and now that I am one I love every minute of it. I suppose it helps that I have the most wonderful mom to show me the ropes.

My happy thought for the day:
Sitting in bed with Dylan listening to him pray healing over his baby sister.
This reminds me of Proverbs 22:6 Teach your children to choose the right path, and when they are older, they will remain upon it.

4 comments:

Jason Bailes said...

What about Oprah and Bon-Bons?

A Sassy Chick said...

I'll trade Oprah and Bon-Bons for Boston Legal and Bon-Bons any day!

Mother Goose said...

I have season 1 & 2 ....And Haagen Daz Coffee ice cream... Life IS good ! Give them hugs and squeezes for me... Cute cast....

Anonymous said...

I adore your blog spot...I learned a lot about you lovely.

See ya Friday. Mason can't wait!

Mary G

Post a Comment