Saturday, September 27, 2008

Swedish Pancakes


We all have our childhood favorites. One of my all time favorite breakfasts is my Grandma's swedish pancakes. Although my Grandma isn't here anymore, my Mom has always stepped in and taken the role of pancake maker. It is something that all of us kids ask for when we go to Mom's house. It is one of those recipes that I can make until I'm blue in the face, but Mom makes it better.

Mom drove out Thursday night to see Dylan receive 6 patches at cub scouts! Go Dylan! We are super proud of our little guy!
Friday morning Mom so sweetly made us yummy swedish pancakes. Did I say Yum?? It is such a treat to pass down this breakfast treasure to my kiddos. To them, it is simply Grandma's swedish pancakes... just like it was for me.
All in all I got to spend some quality time with my Mom. Yes, she is my mom, but she is also one of my closest friends!

7 comments:

Goldilocks said...

That's great- Tell Dylan we said Congratuations!

Anonymous said...

I didn't have them when I was growing up, but I've had Connie's - can I put in an order for Christmas morning????????

Lauren Hampton said...

If I had just stayed longer!!

Mother Goose said...

Dylan I was so proud of you, it was just an honor to be there. Congratulations !! My next stop for Swedish Pancakes will be deep in the heart of Texas...

Anonymous said...

Where are mine??? :( I miss them so much...Just thinking about them my mouth is watering and I'm thinking they would taste so de-decious (as Grandpa would say) with the raspberry jam that I got. MMmmmmm!!! Congrats Dylan!

Jordan said...

Hi! I just love that you and Lauren have your blogs! You two are the reason that I started mine today. I loved reading your posts this morning and catching up on your family triumphs. It was a warm and fuzzy moment. I put you on my favorites so I can check in often. Hopefully I can keep mine well updated.

Jordan said...

Mine sent off the comment before I was done.....
I can't believe how big Faith and Dylan are either! When I saw your pics. I felt like I was back there again. The only problem with seeing all the pictures is that it makes me miss you girls more!
xoxo

Post a Comment