Monday, September 15, 2008

Ouch!

What a day! Today was supposed to be pretty mellow with only one therapy appointment for the day. Boy was I mistaken! After a late night with an unhappy little girl we got up to start our day and noticed that Faith was not using her left arm while crawling. HUGE red flag! She wouldn’t lift her arm to play with a toy or take her milk. It was obvious to Jason and I that the fall she had had just before dinner last night wasn’t just a little fall. Jason took Dylan to school and I headed to Urgent Care with Faith.

Rewind to the night before…
Jason was busy making a yummy steak & shrimp dinner. Dylan was playing in the playroom and Faith and I were practicing walking. Little Faith decided she had enough of the walker and let go to try to walk on her own. I love her confidence. Unfortunately, she fell forward and the wall was able to catch her before I could. After she calmed down a bit we tried to figure out if she had got hurt or was just upset and scared. She seemed a bit cranky, but we didn’t know if that was because she was just tired. She had a rough night and Jason and I were up with her until midnight when she finally conked out. We started to wonder if she could have broken something with the fall. We decided to let her rest and see what happens in the morning.

This morning found us at Urgent Care with a sad little girl...
Thanks Daddy for coming to be with me...
Daddy, can you flip the pages for me?


Well, my baby is in a splint and officially has a buckled fracture on her left wrist. She is still a bit cranky, but hey I would be too! We are in the middle of getting an authorization to go see an Orthopedic Dr. so she can get her cast. Urgent Care mentioned that the cast will most likely be on for 2-4 weeks.
Do I get ice cream now?


What a way to start off our week! Whew!

3 comments:

Lauren Hampton said...

I'm sorry she's hurt and I know it's a big bummer. Let me know whatever I can do. Aww Faithers, feel better buttercup!

Anonymous said...

I will be there in a flash if you need me. Give her a hug and squeeze for me. Love you all

Jason Bailes said...

Give her a little lovin' for me...

Post a Comment